Thursday, February 14, 2008

Bliss

The reign is reborn, after perdition. All that was dirt went away with the old body. The new soul in a new cocoon blossoms like a butterfly. I spread my wings ushering in the joyous sunlight -- basking in the colours of creation. There is hope, there is life, and there is a ray of calmness following all the storms that have raged over the billowy sea. Of magic and wands, of charms and guiles, of souls and searches therein, the story unfolds yet again. I have denied that it ever happened to me, have vented anger in the public light, I have bargained with my heart, I've grieved over my loss, and now I have accepted my life. Life has moved on.

It feels great to be back, believe me. I am sorry, but I don't intend to reply to the comments on the last post: that chapter of my life is closed. I will visit all your blogs soon, and relive the joys of sharing your thoughts and emotions.

I don't have a Valentine's date, but I am happy that I could help a fellow colleague find one for today. He and I were sharing some evening chat when the topic turned to Valentine's day. He was confused, "This girl ___ I like, but I'm not sure if I should ask her out or should I just wait for an arranged marriage. She has her faults, you know -- maybe I'll get someone better if I go via my parents?". I had to ponder over this for a while. I replied, "How do you think her profile will be portrayed if her parents advertise on Shaadi.com, or even bring a relation to some other parents?". He told me a general description. I agreed and argued, "But isn't this the exact template of relationships that will come to your parents for you? At least if you ask her out, you will know that you've chosen for yourself!". He was convinced. I'm glad to say, the two of them are having a quiet dinner tonight. :)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

You made me smile Black. :-)

Welcome back. Nothing more to say.

You'd have noticed I haven't commented on your previous post. Didn't want to tread on someone's delicate feelings. Wish you get your valentine very soon.

Gunjan Aylawadi said...

hyeyyy
welcome back
n m sure u gonna get lotsa blessings from d couple :)

IncorrigibleV said...

Wow, this is the happiest I've been all day... I'm so glad your back.
Good stuff u did there for ur frnd, Happy Valentine's buddy :)

Occasional Brilliance said...

nice 2 c u bk here aftr so long... happy valentines... n nice post... made me smile...

Vadapoche said...

Hey!!! Welcome back! It took a Vday to get you back on your feet.

You know the best part about all these experiences is that they make us better people if we have control. I'm sure you do.

Life is beautiful, enjoy.

Superficial Gibbering prater said...

Welcome back King..

"irukkaravanukku oru al ..
illadhavanukku pala all ..."
(tat was in tamil)

Cheers!!

The Black King said...

Thanks, Cuckoo -- I'm glad to be back.

:) All I need is a nice treat at a nice place, Gunjan ;)

Vandita, happy Valentines Day to you as well! :)

Firewhisky, thanks... I'm glad it did.

Jollyroger, thats right: and thanks!

SGP, thanks... I'll have to look for some help to decipher that. :)

cm chap said...

Welcome back dude

Alpine Path said...

Great to have you back, buddy! Hope this new year brings the best of stuff :)

Princess Stefania said...

Glad you're back.
;)
I needed this post. It's like a ray of sunshine in the dark roiling madness of life. It's hope.

The Black King said...

CM Chap, thanks a ton! :)

Hey Alpine path, thanks for the good wishes. Hope this year brings a lot of joy into your life as well!

Princess, I am glad it was of help. Thanks for keeping tabs on this blog.