Monday, November 26, 2007

What I've realized

When you're infatuated with someone, any reason is good enough to believe that you've found the love of your life. And then, again, everything seems obvious in retrospect. What I need, though, is a method by which I can introspect while I am in the middle of it. Was it introspection that made me see through the whole facade in this new, within quotes, "relationship"? I don't think so. It had been blaring obvious the whole time --- only I have been blind enough not to notice it. What the fuck was I thinking?

This one had to be the shortest "relationship" ever. And yes, among the best things I've realised, thanks to you, is that beauty and brains do not always go together. Or at least what I define to be brains. Yes, I've thought about it and it is true: being the understanding guy doesn't help. To be the guy who you can come and talk to about your past relationship, about your joys and sorrows... no, that isn't the way. You thought I was weak, didn't you? Because I agreed to what you said during these three days? Yes of course... how can I be a boyfriend if I don't veto your every decision and impose my way of life on you? Maybe I wasn't man enough for you: thats what you thought because I understood that there will always be ex-es and old flames, and that we should accept them as a part of life. I know, I know... that just doesn't work. You need a jealous, abusive boyfriend: that is exactly what you expect. Therefore, even though I don't mean any insinuations for whatever, I must see your screaming and offended face. You are right --- screaming is the answer. Quiet mature dealings: naah, they're old-fashioned.

Oh what a fool I've been to deal with you with patience and compassion! You never deserved them! How is it that we all like to think of alien invaders and super-powerful knights and heroes? Because you want to be enslaved: because the idea thrills you that you will be a footrug. Trust me, that is precisely what you'll get from now on. A jealous, abusive person: someone who can sweet-talk you in any way to get into your pants. And then somehow I will find a way to get rid of you. All the stories of such spoilt kids is true: and I will become one of those. I will abuse you, maybe even slap you once in a while. That will show you your position... sounds like fun, doesn't it? An equal footing, did you say? No... you will never get it: you just don't deserve it. What you deserve is a liar, a cut-throat and a perfect deceiver. You deserve to be ditched, to be abandoned when the juices have been plumped out. That is precisely what you're good for, bitch!

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to see your blog updated :)

The 'Mad' Orchid said...

hmmmm v need to talk BK...whenz tht gonna happen do lemme knw..mail me whnevr u r free...n no commnts on this...happy realisation wi; tlk abt this whn v meet..k..tc..

arpana said...

whoa! thats quite a lot of venom.

but then, dont let any immature person dilute your maturity.

bEAST said...

Whoops, the boat seems to have run into tough waters. Hota hai, and ppl move on. But i wud hardly agree with the part where u think about changing urself. Is she worth it? I dont think so.

annie said...

Woooh! Black what was this??Quite unlike you..Take care buddy. And yeah i hate ya for suggesin me mental counselling!!!!

Occasional Brilliance said...

hey... m so proud f u 4 posting this... i wanted to scream at a friend of mine because she was behaving the same way about her boyfriend... aparently respect and maturity really count for very little in life nowdays... anyone in their right minds would see that a relationship based on cheap thrills is never going to work... cheers BK... you deserve better...

Occasional Brilliance said...

p.s - dont drop down too their levels, BK... like i said... you deserve better...

Alpine Path said...

Whoa!! What's happening, buddy?

IncorrigibleV said...

my very first reaction OMG!!!
what the hell just happened here?
but then i read on and i totally agree with mann... its not abt giving her what she deserves anymore...its abt gettin urself what u deserve ... and that is way better than this
take care buddy, u've done quite a few a favor by postin this.

neers said...

Hard hitting!

Phoenix said...

intense very intense

Vadapoche said...

Hey man, relax!
I often say the world may be bad but thats no reason for you to join the flow.

Time heals everything. Cheer up.

latha vidyaranya said...

hi, i want to add to the brightness and reduce darkness.

you have thrown out lot of venom. that is ok. these blogs act as good catharsis. and once it is out of your system, you cool down and can think more rationally. i understand.

but let there be no bitterness carried on. most of the times, the break ups hurt not because you lose somebody; it hurts because you were taken for a ride! it is your ego that hurts. we all think we are not vulnerable. we are strong and we judge well. but occasionally when our judgements go wrong, it is a blow to our self esteem, our imagery of our high intelligence. and some times it also hurts that the other person is not able to see sense that i am trying to drive into their heads and they still go and hurt themselves. it then hurts us that we were unable to stop some one from falling into a ditch inspite of our warning........

you will soon be out of this mode. you will soon gain back composure and smile again at the silly mistakes that we all happen to commit now and then.

gud luk and sincere best wishes.

Swetha said...

Oh my...I just read your other post, raat kali now and this one. So much changes over a week eh ! Take care, BK !

Buls said...

Hmm... I was just something... why would anyone want another person to be abusive and jealous? Maybe 'coz... when you are jealous, she feels like you are involved in her life... it is evidence of love and feelings... maybe... just maybe... she cares so much that she is obsessed with you. While you have been expressing your feelings in other ways... maybe she doesn't understand that. Maybe she never will.
Give her a benefit of doubt...

Zee said...

hmmmmm.......
oh well it's ur blog and u have the vent out exactly how you feel.
What the hell....go ahead and say it! best to get it out i say

Nasia said...

3 days..
and u r a guy...
i hav been reading so many stuff abt guys hurting girls.. this ones diff...
it heals.. 3 days. na..
and love works a certain different way..not maturity.. not understanding.. not nice... its sum other stuff.. i will let u know was i figure it out..

and HOPE SHE READS THIS!!

Princess Stefania said...

Merry Christmas, your Royal Blackness. Hope 2008 introduces you to some real girls. The nice, cheerful caring sort. Yes, we exist.
;)

... said...

You're an extremely honest blogger.
Bloggers like u hardly exist!

:)

Gunjan Aylawadi said...

wherez more??
btw happy new yr

Anonymous said...

Well.. Each one of your previous blog was in someway related to me. But this one.. !

Being man enough has more to do than what you have mentioned.

It was your mistake to let someone as bad as her into your life. And you gave her the importance that she never deserved.

By changing yourself to deal with her, don't you think you are compromising your dignity ! Is it worth it?

Come on Dude! We are here for a better purpose.

Just get rid of them and move on!

CandidConfessions said...

Does it take a lot to write about a relationship on a blog? For me yes, and for the very same reason, I admire your candid writing!