Wednesday, October 31, 2007

You know its your birthday when

I knew it was my birthday when
  • I woke up early in the morning and told my room-mate, "Something is wrong --- I feel like bathing so early on a weekend!"
  • my orkut scrapbook and mailbox were flooded with messages from almost anyone I had contact with.
  • a whole bunch of friends suddenly showed up at lunchtime, invited me to some gully cricket and then also plastered my face with cake all of a sudden.
  • phone calls came at random times from around the world (okay, so there were only a couple of people from the US) wishing me on the occasion.
  • some old collegemates came during the evening and discussed and exchanged notes --- that was seriously one of the best gifts I could get: the human touch.
  • I gifted something to myself. Between all the humdrum in the evening, I quietly slipped out and went to the roof of the building with a little piece of cake in hand. Oh the night, the stars, the wind and the silence --- oh the full moon in all its heavenly glory. It was heavenly, really --- those 30 minutes I had with myself.
Damn... how do you guys keep blogging? This just seems so tedious at times. Maybe I should hibernate for six months.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

belated happy bday dude

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
annie said...

Hap hap happy birrrrday!!!!!Share the cake phlz..

Vadapoche said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!

Cuckoo said...

Hey no !! Don't go away. We want you here even if you post a tad late.

And when was it ? The D-day ? :D

Belated Happy B'day !

The 'Mad' Orchid said...

I knew when it ws bt cudnt make it up tht day......told u na my damn net btw nwyz n yes J**** wihinggggg u belated tho [:(] my mistake a vry vry HAPPYYYYYYYYY BUDDAYYYYYYYY.... n tht terrace wala thngie wow... n choc cke...whn am I gettin my share J****....n btw whn r v meetng up again n listen u r hiberatng wiberatng samjhe better nt...ustnd better do :D warna none cn save u frm me u get tht :)

starry said...

Happy Birthday.

Occasional Brilliance said...

belated happy buttday!!! n dnt u dare!!! i hibernate enuf 4 both f us... actually i hibernate enuf 4 all d ppl on my blog roll...

neers said...

Heyy happy belated birthday!! and yea i second u on the hibernation thingy...i mean i feel i shud disappear for a while too :)

Alpine Path said...

Cool! The terrace stuff was great. And being flooded with messages on orkut... that is a new addition to my bday list after all these years. Talk of technology changing the way we live :) Belated bday wishes!!

Zee said...

happy birthday to uuuuuuuuuuuu happy birthday to uuuuuu what a fun budday it sounds like! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nasia said...

Happy bday... :)
if u find bloggin tedious.. then the whole point is lost.. isnt it?

Strider said...

happy birthday! :)
have a great year ahead!

Princess Stefania said...

Too sing or not to sing?
;)
Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

belated happy birthday buddy! btw, some ppl come to know its their birthday when they are bashed up by their best friends at midnight and are left with a terribly aching ass...ha ha

Swetha said...

Belated b'day wishes dude :-)
I also keep wondering how some people blog so religiously!

Lyrically speaking said...

Beautiful post, looks like you had a blessed birthday :) First-timer here, enjoyed reading

The Black King said...

Ashu, thank you very much! :)

Annie, apna address bhejo.. cake aa jayega! :P

Jollyroger, thank you!

Cuckoo, aap ki hukum sar aankhon par. I will post --- although few and far between.

Madhavi, that was really scary. Okay... no hibernation.

Starry nights, thank you!

The Black King said...

Firewhisky, all right... I wouldn't hibernate. But posts will be few and far between.

Neers, naa-naa-naa sab agar hibernate karne chale jayenge to kaise chalega?

Alpine path, you're right --- that whole Orkut message thingie is totally new. But they're welcome, aren't they?

Zee, you're right... it was a fun birthday!

Nasia, you're right... that is why I'll be in semi-hibernation mode.

Strider, thank you! Life is good :)

Princess, I heard ya! :) Thank you.

Gajab khopdi, yeah I know about that --- me too an engg college student, remember?

Dushti, thank you! And yes, maybe some are more creative than others.

Lyrically speaking, thank you for visiting the blog. I hope you'll stick around. :)

The 'Mad' Orchid said...

Wow feels like heaven i did scare the Black King..Iam somethng...really didnt knw had so much potential...impressive me aha :D